Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken and Potatoes

This is my favorite go-to meal. It takes no time to prepare and is always a hit because it has great flavor and it seems fancier than it is. It's also a great meal to feed a lot of people on a tight budget. This recipe is so quick and simple that I managed to make it after work last night and even gave my son a bath while it was baking in the oven. It was ready just as I was putting him to bed. Perfect!

Full Disclosure- The package of Bay Leaves did go flying into the air after I placed my towel wrapped son on the counter. A small price to pay to the dinner gods for such a delicious dinner and Griffin didn't seem to mind getting a butt-full of Bay-LOL! Enjoy!



Mediterranean Lemon Chicken and Potatoes

Serves 4

8 chicken thighs (you could substitute white meat if you prefer)
3 large potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 large lemons, cut into wedges
2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
salt and pepper, to taste (not too much salt because the olives and the lemon are salty)
2-3 large bay leaves
1/4 c olive oil
3/4 c olives (I like to mix large green olives and black cured olives)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cover a large baking sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil (this makes clean-up way easier).

Place the chicken, potatoes, lemon wedges, garlic and onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add in bay leaves and pour in olive oil . Toss until everything is well coated.

Dump the contents of the bowl onto your roasting pan/baking sheet. Roast for about 45 minutes then add the olives. Continue roasting for another 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. I reached here via Twitter, searching for tweets on "Salerno". I love to cook as I love eating nice food and I can't wait to try your recipes. Thank you for sharing and please keep on posting! Hiromi

    ReplyDelete