Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feel the heat?




Summer! It's almost here people! And to all of my family in Arizon with the fancy-schmancy outdoor kitchens, get cookin'! I must admit that James and I use any excuse to fire-up the grill, even in November! I created this recipe for Kaboose.com and it's a great way to make homemade pizza in the 90-degree heat without ever having to turn on your oven. Vegetarians, read on, there is a swap-out for you.

Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza (from Kaboose.com)
Serves: 4 (add a salad as a side)

See recipe here:

http://recipes.kaboose.com/bacon-cheeseburger-skillet-pizza.html


Vegetarians- Substitute the ground beef for grilled veggies like zucchini and eggplant and swap the cheddar for feta cheese and you've got yourself a Mediterranean pizza pie! I was a vegetarian for 10 years and stil don't eat beef or pork but the people in my life sure do!

Lighter Option?-
Substitute the ground beef for ground chicken. I don't love light cheese but you could certainly use a reduced fat cheddar in place of the regular full-fat kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment